We often use the word ‘vision’ when we’re talking to business owners. As opticians, you’ll realize more than anyone how critical vision is to life – and how important your business vision is to your business life. We’ve worked with optometrists to opthalmologists, a variety of opticians and those in the optometry industry, through all the stages from startup through to business sale.
Helping you have clarity in your optometry business is important to us, too. We can help you with basic accounting, tax and business coaching services – and we can go beyond, helping you identify key profit improvement strategies, and addressing your personal wealth, and identifying tax minimization strategies.
Specific Challenges in the Optometry Industry
If you own an optometry practice, you’ll be facing a variety of issues related to operations and finances. With looming changes in the healthcare environment, optometrists in private practice must stay aware of the current trends and their effect.
Make Better Business Decisions With Critical Industry Information Today!
- Business Trends
- Financial Information (including detailed Income Statement & Balance Sheet averages)
- Industry Websites
- Economic Statistics
- Executive Insight
The free guides we provide cover a very large industry range, but there are more specific guides available. We can also customize your report for your region (and industry guides for Canada are available, as well). To request a more detailed report, or a more specific industry classification, just ask.
How We Can Help
As well as the basic tax advice any business owner would need, we can give you advice as to which tax structure is best for your optometry business. Regarding operations, we can help you review your lease information, funding options for new equipment, a car or the retail shop fit out, and more.
As accountants we can prepare ‘what if’ scenarios that help identify best and worst case financial scenarios, as well as cash flow planning, budgeting, and projections. If you want to review benchmarks for the optometry industry, we can help review how your business performs in relation to the optometry competition.
And if you’re just starting out as an optometrist, whether in North Carolina or elsewhere, we can help you look over the most critical issues including online marketing (developing a website for your optometry business, identifying niche areas, sending email marketing campaigns, and more), and how that fits together with focusing on the most profitable areas for you. We’ll also go through a personal goals review to make sure that starting your own optometry business is just what you want to (and need to) be doing right now to get where you want to be in life.
We offer optometrists a range of accounting, taxation and business coaching services including:
- Start-up business advice for optometrists
- Advice and establishment of your business structure
- Advice and assistance with the purchase or sale of your optometry business
- Spreadsheets and tools including a start up expense checklist, pricing calculator, cash flow budget and business plan template
- Tax & business registrations including your ABN, TFN, GST, WorkCover etc.
- Preparation of business plans, cash flow forecasts and profit projections
- Accounting software selection and training – bookkeeping, invoicing, payroll etc.
- Preparation of finance applications for banking institutions
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
- Tax planning strategies benchmarking and KPI management
- Marketing advice including branding, brochures, website and social media strategies
- Advice and assistance with your website design, content, functionality and SEO
- Wealth creation strategies and financial planning services
- Business succession planning
If how we do business is how you do business, too, then we may be the accountants and business advisors you need for your optometry business.